The GearUp Cycle for Youth Bike Ride, a cooperative effort by the cities of Sacramento and West Sacramento, is a scenic ride along and around the beautiful Sacramento River that raises funds for youth programs in the region.
Don’t miss a single mile! Register now. Registration includes a gourmet lunch,
and t-shirt for all riders and live music for all at the finish line.
Building on last year’s success, this year we again have a Century (100 mile) ride available. The 40-mile, Metric Century and Century routes start at The Barn on Riverfront Street in The Tower Bridge District of West Sacramento and end back at The Barn. You’ll experience some exhilarating views along the river with four stops for resting and refueling.
All proceeds from the GearUp Bike Ride benefit WayUp Sacramento, a wrap around youth support network, and FutureReady: The Mayor’s Trust for Youth in West Sacramento.
40 Mile – $55.00, includes a GearUp T-shirt, snacks at the rest stops and lunch at the finish.
Metric Century (65 mile) – $65.00, includes a GearUp T-shirt, snacks at the rest stops and lunch at the finish.
Century (100 mile) – $75.00, includes a GearUp T-shirt, snacks at the rest stops and lunch at the finish.
Official team jerseys are available for an additional cost of $75.00.
Cutoff date for pre-registration is Wednesday, October 12, 2016 at 11:00pm.
Registration packets will be available for pick-up on Thursday, October 13, 2016, 10am to 7pm at Mike’s Bikes, 1411 I Street, Sacramento, CA 95814.
Contact: Robert Panzera, email@example.com or 917-543-2670.
Riders may transfer their registration to another rider.
Minors must ride with an adult.
The ride begins at The Barn at 985 Riverfront Street, West Sacramento in the Tower Bridge District, and loops around the Sacramento River through Clarksburg and finishes at The Barn. There will be four rest stops along the way and a final rest stop at The Barn with lunch, music and more. Highlights include:
- The original Sacramento River delta Century and Metric Century through wine country (40-mile option available too)
- Fun, fast challenging routes with light climbing (less than 1000 feet climbing)
- Low traffic country roads on unexplored tree-lined levees crossing multiple sloughs
- Short ferry ride across Steamboat Slough on the Century route
- Lunch on Hogback Island on the Century route
- Bucolic stops at wineries, plus Dave’s Pumpkin Patch, and the newly revamped and expanded Old Sugar Mill
- Pedal by the famous and lovely Grand Island Mansion and the new arena, Golden 1 Center
- Century route includes 4 rest stops, 1 lunch stop, and 2 water stops:
- Rest Stop: Dave’s Pumpkin Patch, Mile ~10 (all routes)
- Rest Stop: Old Sugar Mill, Mile ~20 (all routes), ~36.8 (metric), ~75 (century)
- Water Stop: Corner of Oxford and Hwy 84, Mile ~32 (century)
- Lunch: Hogback Island Recreation Facility, Mile ~50 (century)
- Water Stop: Bogle Vineyards, Mile ~33 (metric), ~71 (century)
- Rest Stop: Old Capital Nursery (sponsored by Raley’s), Mile ~32 (40-mile route), ~50 (metric), ~87 (century)
Day of Info
Start: The Barn at 985 Riverfront Street, West Sacramento, CA 95691 in the Tower Bridge District.
End: The Barn at 985 Riverfront Street, West Sacramento, CA 95691 in the Tower Bridge District.
Parking info: Vehicle parking will be available near the START near The Barn.
Start Time/Course Close Time: Registration at The Barn will open at 6:00 AM. The Century ride will begin at 7:00 AM, the Metric Century ride will begin at 8:00 AM, and the 40-mile ride will begin at 9:00 AM. The course will close at 3:00 PM.
End of Ride Party Info: Lunch will be provided for all registered riders at The Barn and available for purchase for non-riders. Live music from local musicians and band. Lunch will close at 4:00 PM.
What People Need to Bring/Cannot Bring: Bring full water in water bottles for your bike, sunscreen and spare flat tire changing supplies (like tube, flat changing tool, and frame pump). A support vehicle will be on the course. Do not bring: any weapons, performance enhancing drugs, ear buds, earphones or headphones.